A Beginner’s Guide to Coin Collecting
“A Beginner’s Guide to Coin Collecting” can give you the information you need to find that rare coin and determine if this is a hobby you would like to pursue.
* Becoming a Numismatic – the fancy word for a coin collector
* Where to find coins – some places are better than others
* What you should look for in a coin – shiny isn’t always better
* What are mints and mint marks – master this before you get started
* What affects the value of a coin – is it all about age?
* Getting started – learn how to begin without a lot of hassles
* Grading your coins – learn how or
* Should you use a grading service – what is your preference?
* When should you sell – timing is everything
* Pros and cons of buying at auction – best know who is bidding
* About commemorative and other special coins – these are specialty coins
* How and where you can buy bullion coins – limited availability but worth it
* Detecting counterfeit coins – don’t get taken in
* How to avoid shysters and frauds – yes, they are out there and you need to learn the ropes
* How to care for your coins – a glass jar just doesn’t get it
Getting the answers to these and other compelling questions is a must for anyone who is considering coin collecting as a hobby or avocation.
By Luc Schmitt